Sparks Finalist for CLM’s 2019 Outside Counsel of the Year
John Sparks, who is Of Counsel to Fowler Hirtzel McNulty & Spaulding, has been selected as one of five finalists for the Claims Litigation Management Alliance Outside Counsel of the Year.
The nominees will be introduced, and the winner identified, on March 13th at the CLM’s 2019 Annual Conference in Orlando. The conference attracts over 2,000 attendees and features nearly 100 interactive educational sessions and networking events.
The CLM, a member of The Institutes, is dedicated to meeting the professional needs of the claims and litigation management industries. Approximately 45,000 professionals hold membership in the CLM.
CLM Professionals of the Year Award nominees will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated a passion for the industry and a willingness to work hard for the greater claims or litigation management community.
- Developed a transformative or innovative process.
- Contributed to the success of their company or client through strong claims or litigation management practices.
- Active within the greater claims or litigation management community (involved in organizations outside their own company or firm).
- Exemplifies CLM’s mission statement – looks to further the discipline through collaboration, education, communication, inclusion, dedication and the identification and development of professionals with expertise in litigation management.
During his legal career Mr. Sparks has held a variety of leadership roles in firms, including as a Co-Managing Partner of a large regional defense firm. His practice involved the trial of many high exposure cases based in medical malpractice and casualty.
Mr. Sparks has also been an innovator in the use of project management, process involvement and the use of data in the measurement of defense firm performance.