Andrew J. Spaulding
Three Logan Square
1717 Arch Street, Suite 1310
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Syracuse University College of Law (J.D., 2001)
- Gettysburg College (B.A. in Political Science, 1998)
- Pennsylvania, 2001
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Motor Truck Association
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
- Youth Soccer Coach-Tredyffrin Easttown Youth Soccer Association
Andrew J. Spaulding is a founding partner in the firm. His practice focuses on the defense of contractors and sub-contractors, as well as insured and self-insured motor carriers and drivers.
Mr. Spaulding has significant experience in defending contractors and sub-contractors in catastrophic construction accidents. He is well-versed in OSHA and has represented his clients during the course of OSHA investigations. Additionally, Mr. Spaulding defends independent owner-operators, motor coach drivers, and bus companies, as well as commercial drivers and motor carriers, in both state and federal courts. He also defends manufacturers, distributors and retail sellers in product liability actions.
Mr. Spaulding directs post-accident investigation and assists clients with the preservation of valuable evidence following a catastrophic accident. This representation and investigation often begins within hours of an accident. Mr. Spaulding works with local and state authorities, interviews witnesses, and engages accident reconstruction and liability experts. He conducts post-accident meetings with clients to gather and preserve time-sensitive facts and evidence and assure compliance with federal, state and company policies and procedures.
He has handled numerous cases involving Department of Transportation (DOT) and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulation (FMCSR) compliance, and regularly works with DOT consultants. He drafts and prepares fleet safety programs and DOT policies. Mr. Spaulding handles major jury cases and routinely appears before private arbitrators and mediators. He also handles cargo claims under the Carmack Amendment and defends insurance companies and motor carriers against underinsured and uninsured motor vehicle claims.
Since 2006, Mr. Spaulding has been selected as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer – Rising Star as published by American Lawyer Media and Philadelphia Magazine. He is a graduate of Gettysburg College and Syracuse University College of Law. Mr. Spaulding has three young children. He enjoys spending time with his family and coaching soccer in his free time.
- Settled a case for a favorable number after a fatal accident involving a commercial motor carrier. Early investigation showed significant problems with the case, including that the driver was over his hours of service and had inconsistencies on his medical card. In light of the unfavorable liability picture, we moved to mediation before discovery and resolved the matter.
- We represented the interests of a motor carrier in a fatal accident on a major highway. We interviewed our driver at the scene, reconstructed the accident, learned about Plaintiff’s background, and moved the case to a favorable resolution.
- Represented the manufacturer of a racking system in a warehouse. The racking system collapsed, pinning the 47-year-old Plaintiff by the ankle in his forklift. Plaintiff required an ankle fusion and 12 follow-up surgeries. After joining the designer of the system and the maintenance company, we moved to mediation where a favorable settlement was reached.