Francis X. Simpson
Three Logan Square
1717 Arch Street, Suite 1310
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Rutgers University, Summa cum laude, 2009
- Villanova University School of Law, 2012
- Pennsylvania (2012)
- New Jersey (2015)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
Certifications & Training
Francis X. Simpson is a partner in the firm’s Philadelphia office. Mr. Simpson specializes in complex litigation, including catastrophic loss, construction defect, products liability, and dram shop matters. In addition to representing business entities in complex legal matters, Mr. Simpson also regularly advises insurance companies in coverage disputes involving commercial general liability policies. Mr. Simpson has litigated matters in the state and federal courts of New Jersey and Pennsylvania as well as the Pennsylvania Superior Court, the Commonwealth Court, and the Third Circuit Court of Appeals.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Simpson worked for an international defense litigation firm, where he defended business entities and insurance carriers in complex litigation. Mr. Simpson’s representative experience includes the following:
- Obtained dismissal of claims for property damage and loss of business income asserted against multiple insurance carriers related to the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Successfully removed case to federal court despite the inclusion of a non-diverse party pursuant to the doctrine of “fraudulent joinder”;
- Secured summary judgment in numerous negligence actions in favor of premises owners; and
- Negotiated advantageous settlements for business entities and insurers in high-risk and high-value actions.
In recognition of his work, Mr. Simpson has been named a Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, Rising Star for the years 2018-2022. Mr. Simpson is also a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP-US), with expertise in multiple federal, state, and international privacy statutes, including HIPPA, GLBA, CCPA, and GDPR.