Damian M. Taranto
2000 Market Street, Suite 550
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Temple University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2005
- Pennsylvania State University, Bachelor of Arts Administration of Justice, 1999
- Pennsylvania 2005
- New Jersey 2005
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania 2006
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
Damian M. Taranto is a commercial litigation attorney with over a decade of experience defending general liability, product liability, motor vehicle, mass tort and premises liability matters. His clients include manufacturers, property owners, utility contractors and insurance companies and their policy holders. He has direct experience in all phases of pre-trial litigation, including the preparation of pleadings, motions and briefs. He has significant experience in arbitrations, mediations, settlement conferences and in defending depositions.
Mr. Taranto has also worked with business owners in the development and execution of risk management strategies. He has represented a multinational, full-service utility contractor and a Fortune 100 global energy company in complex general liability matters. He has also defended asbestos cases for a manufacturer of industrial services and engineered heating products.
Mr. Taranto speaks frequently to industry groups on issues concerning efficient management of trucking claims. His recent presentations include:
Use of New Technology in the Preservation of Evidence: A Valuable Tool in Claims Resolution?
- Claims Litigation Management Midwest Conference, June 2018
Identifying and Managing Fleet Vehicle Data.
- The Graham Company Fleet Safety Workshop, June 2018
Auto Liability, PIP and Trucking Claims.
- CEU presentation to Broadspire Insurance, in conjunction with The Gavel, February 2018
Impact of Safety Technologies in Trucking Industry & Claims Prevention Analysis.
- Claims Management Alliance Midwest Conference, June 2017